Computer fraud is fraudulent activity accomplished through a computer, especially when it is carried out over the Internet. There are a variety of different computer fraud schemes:
Identity Theft and Fraud – Identity theft is committed when someone else's personal information is fraudulently obtained and used by another for illegal purposes. Examples of computer identity theft and fraud include:
- Spoofing – sending an email that appears to be from a legitimate company or website, but the link sends the victim to a fraudulent site
- Phishing– Attempting to get a victim, through spoof emails to reveal personal information such as credit card numbers, passwords, bank account, and Social Security numbers
- Credit Card and Bank Account Fraud – Using someone else's credit card or debit card is used for unauthorized purchases
- Hacking – Exploiting an online computer system or gaining unauthorized access to a website through skill and unlawful tactics
- Internet Auction Fraud or Non-Delivery of Merchandise – Using an Internet auction site like eBay to sell an item online but not delivering the item when sold
- Internet Investment Fraud – Enticing people to invest in a fictitious company, for example, an online Ponzi or Pyramid scheme.
- Communications Fraud – Using Internet services such as wireless, satellite, or landline services without payment, or sharing copyrighted property such as movies and music without authorization through peer-to-peer software.
God Bless you Stephen, wish you all the successes in life.
“Stephen is a great contact and extremely helpful and knowledgeable. I am glad that I was his client in the past. Top lawyer, top man. God Bless you Stephen, wish you all the successes in life.”
Don't hesitate to contact them!
“I was referred to this group of Attorneys. I was started with a low cost made arrangements. My case had to do with assault allegations. The case was dismissed they helped me not to loose my daughter to the system.”
Never Talk To Police
Know your rights when questioned by law enforcement.Defend Your Rights
Learn What To Do When Confronted and Interviewed By The Police
Honest & practical advice during a free initial consultation. Call now to get started!Read More
Don't Plead Guilty!
A plea bargain may not be in your favor. Let us help evaluate all of your options.Learn More