The number above is not for the jail but the actual law firm. If wanting to speak to the Jail directly please call number below next to the Facility Name.
Weapons Attorney in Los Angeles
Guns, Firearms, Concealed Weapons
Weapons charges are serious and come with jail time. If you have been charged with weapons offenses you need a Los Angeles criminal defense lawyer to help prepare your defense.
We represent people charged with the following gun and other weapons offenses:
- Possessing a gun (concealed, loaded or otherwise with no permit)
- Possessing a firearm by an ex-felon (concealed, loaded or otherwise with no permit)
- Possessing an assault weapon
- Possessing a weapon (illegal weapons include knives, daggers, brass knuckles, nunchucks and other martial arts weapons)
- Brandishing a firearm (displaying or waving around a firearm)
- Discharging a firearm
- Selling a firearm (unlawful sale)
- Using a gun in committing a crime (assault, robbery, drug offenses)
Weapons are not just guns. A deadly weapon is defined very broadly and includes weapons listed above plus many more items including box cutters, tear gas, keys, a car, or your own fist if used to harm someone.
Los Angeles Criminal Defense Lawyer
Gun/weapon charges are aggressively prosecuted. Most carry the prospect of jail time (or state prison), expensive fines, and a criminal record that may make it difficult to obtain employment and housing.
In general, a weapons offense is a felony under California law, but possession can be charged as a misdemeanor in some cases. The penalties will vary depending on a number of circumstances:
- The type of weapon involved
- What was being done with it
- If it was loaded and/or concealed
- The individual's criminal record, drug record or drug use at the time of arrest
- Any other factors that might affect the sentence
For a misdemeanor (such as carrying a concealed weapon with no prior convictions), the maximum allowable sentence is a fine and up to one year in county jail. Felony weapons offense prison sentences can be anywhere from 4 to 12 years. If you've been arrested and charged with a weapons offense in the Los Angeles area, you need an experienced weapons attorney with a successful track record.
Stephen G. Rodriguez & Partners will focus on getting you the most favorable disposition using a variety of proven techniques and defenses, including:
- Making all necessary court motions including "motions to suppress evidence"
- Interviewing all witnesses connected to your case
- Gathering evidence in support of your defenses
- Seeking a reduction of the charges
- Negotiating a favorable plea (if necessary)
- Preparing for trial
- Seeking alternative sentencing such as house arrest/electronic monitoring, work furlough, weekends in jail, community service
Contact a Los Angeles weapons attorney in our office immediately if you are facing weapons charges. We'll arrange for a free consultation to discuss the specific facts of your case.
God Bless you Stephen, wish you all the successes in life.
“Stephen is a great contact and extremely helpful and knowledgeable. I am glad that I was his client in the past. Top lawyer, top man. God Bless you Stephen, wish you all the successes in life.”
Don't hesitate to contact them!
“I was referred to this group of Attorneys. I was started with a low cost made arrangements. My case had to do with assault allegations. The case was dismissed they helped me not to loose my daughter to the system.”
Never Talk To Police
Know your rights when questioned by law enforcement.Defend Your Rights
Learn What To Do When Confronted and Interviewed By The Police
Honest & practical advice during a free initial consultation. Call now to get started!Read More
Don't Plead Guilty!
A plea bargain may not be in your favor. Let us help evaluate all of your options.Learn More